The Seventh Edition of Legal Studies for Queensland Volume 1 and Sixth Edition of Legal Studies for Queensland Volume 2 consist of a 2 book series, available in hard copy and for electronic use with a Teacher Solutions and Resources Manual for each, written specifically for teachers and students of the subject of Queensland Senior Legal Studies. The Seventh Edition of Volume 1 is up-to-date at the time of publication in January 2015. The Sixth Edition of Volume 2 is up to date at the time of publication in April 2013.
Volume 1 Topics:
The Legal System, Human Rights, Introduction to Civil Obligations, Criminal Law, Civil Wrongs (Torts) and the Law, Essential Legal Studies Skills
Volume 2 Topics:
Employment and the Law, Environment and the Law, Family and the Law, Housing and the Law, Indigenous Australians and the Law, International Law, Sport and the Law, Technology and the Law.
These editions of the Legal Studies for Queensland complete teaching package continues to be the popular and compelling choice for legal educators who know the value of:
- Inquiry Focus - A new extended activity used throughout the book to assist students in developing the inquiry based approach recommended by the 2013 Queensland Senior Legal Studies Syllabus, based on the Syllabus’ new dimensions of Knowing and understanding the law, Investigating legal issues and Responding to the law.
- Clear, comprehensive, up-to-date and engaging explanation of the law in Queensland and Australia (2013 Queensland Senior Legal Studies Syllabus), enhanced by new Link icons in the margins which provide an excellent means of integrating different aspects of the law.
- A wealth of practical activities - Inquiry, Case studies, Practical applications, Hypotheticals, Research, ‘What do you think?’ evaluation questions, ‘You be the Judge’, Hot topics and Review (each with a differently coloured background, together with a distinctive icon in the margin of the text, for ease of reference).
- Questions specifically designed to logically develop students’ higher order skills of legal analysis (Dimension 1, Investigating legal issues – Dimension 2) and well-balanced social evaluation (Responding to the law – Dimension 3).
- An Essential Legal Skills section – explanations and practical demonstrations of the important skills needed to successfully complete the Legal Studies course.
- Teacher Solutions & Resources Manuals full of suggested responses to questions in the texts, supplementary stimulus materials and focus activities, and assessment instruments.
Who should read this book?
- The legal accuracy and completeness of this new textbook will give Legal Studies Skills teachers peace of mind, while Legal Studies Skills students have many excellent opportunities to immerse themselves in the wide variety of experientially-based activities.
- The books are also widely used as a textbook and reference by teachers and students in introductory legal courses in TAFE colleges and universities.
- General readers seeking a topical, up-to-date and engaging discussion of the law in action.