The Eigth Edition (Units 1 & 2, Qld Legal Studies 2019 Syllabus) of Legal Studies for Queensland Volume 1 and Seventh Edition (Units 3 & 4, Qld Legal Studies 2019 Syllabus) of Legal Studies for Queensland Volume 2 consist of a 2 book series, available in hard copy and for electronic use, written specifically for teachers and students of the subject of Queensland Senior Legal Studies.
UNITS 1 & 2 Topics:
Units 3 & 4 Topics:
These editions of the Legal Studies for Queensland complete teaching package continues to be the popular and compelling choice for legal educators who know the value of:
- Inquiry Focus - A new extended activity used throughout the book to assist students in developing the inquiry based approach recommended by the Queensland Legal Studies General 2019 Syllabus, based on the Syllabus’ new dimensions of Knowing and understanding the law, Investigating legal issues and Responding to the law.
- Clear, comprehensive, up-to-date and engaging explanation of the law in Queensland and Australia (Queensland Legal Studies General 2019 Syllabus), enhanced by new Link icons in the margins which provide an excellent means of integrating different aspects of the law.
- A wealth of practical activities - Inquiry, Case studies, Practical applications, Hypotheticals, Research, ‘What do you think?’ evaluation questions, ‘You be the Judge’, Hot topics and Review (each with a differently coloured background, together with a distinctive icon in the margin of the text, for ease of reference).
- Questions specifically designed to logically develop students’ higher order skills of legal analysis
- An Essential Legal Studies Skills section – explanations and practical demonstrations of the important skills needed to successfully complete the Legal Studies course.
- Teacher Solutions & Resources Manuals full of suggested responses to questions in the texts, supplementary stimulus materials and focus activities, and assessment instruments.
Who should read this book?
- The legal accuracy and completeness of this new textbook will give Legal Studies Skills teachers peace of mind, while Legal Studies Skills students have many excellent opportunities to immerse themselves in the wide variety of experientially-based activities.
- The books are also widely used as a textbook and reference by teachers and students in introductory legal courses in TAFE colleges and universities.
- General readers seeking a topical, up-to-date and engaging discussion of the law in action.